Visual content can make a big difference to your marketing efforts and website. Articles with images get a lot more shares on social media. People tend to skim online content so you need to get your message across clearly, and visual content is a great way to do that. Articles with images get 94% more views and social media posts with images get 650% higher engagement than text only posts.
Visual content covers a range of different media, including:
- Whiteboard videos
- How to videos
- Graphics and charts
You don’t need to spend a fortune buying content or hiring a graphic designer. There are a lot of sources for low cost or free visual content.
Photos, video, and graphics:
- Photodune offers some great professional stock photography at reasonable prices.
- 123RF is another favorite low cost stock photography website
- Unsplash: High resolution high quality photos for free.
- Pixabay: Free stock photography, videos, and vector graphics, and illustrations.
- Pexels: More free stock photography
- PhotoPin.com: Search through millions of Creative Commons photos.
- StockSnap.io: More free stock images from the creators of Snappa (see below)
- Freeimages: Hundreds of thousands of free photos and illistrations.
- GraphicBurger: Free graphics, icons, design resources, and mockups.
- Gratisography: A wonderful collection of free professional photography by Ryan McGuire.
- Snappa: Create graphics online with this simple to use design tool.
- Canva: Cloud based graphic design with templates for a range of print and digital projects.
- Piktochart: An easy to use infographic, presentation, and poster editor.
- Greenshot: A tool for taking and annotating screenshots.
- Skitch: An app by Evernote for annotating images.
- Videoscribe: This app lets you create whiteboard style animations easily and with little technical knowledge.
- Powtoon: Cloud based tool for creating animated videos and presentations.
This infographic was created by FastWebStart.