We all know of one or more successful people that are known as being a bit odd or eccentric. Whether is Einstein or Steve Jobs, many of the world’s most successful people are known to have a some strange habits. This infographic from the OPEN forum looks at 5 of habits that go against convention, but that many successful people display. How many do you have?
- Successful people often think in reverse. When considering an action they start at the finish line and work backwards to to figure out how they got there. Start with your desired goal and reverse engineer your success. What steps are needed to get where you want to be?
- Find something that works then do it again, and again, and again. Successful people know how hard it is to find something that works, and how valuable that information can be. If you’ve found a way to make money look for ways to repeat that success using the same formula.
- Successful people take short cuts and cut corners. Find something that works, then start trimming it. Eliminate and unnecessary frills or expenses. Make it faster, cheaper, and easier. However, be careful about sacrificing quality, you could end up losing your customers.
- Successful people are quitters. They constantly monitor whats working and whats not, and they know when to quit. If something is taking up your resources, time, or energy, but isn’t providing a return stop doing it. Focus on finding things that work and drop the things that don’t.
- They say no a lot. Successful people are focused on their goals, and they don’t want any distractions. They know saying yes to anything will lead to a lot of unproductive work. Work that won’t move them any closer to their goals. If you’re ask to do something that isn’t aligned with your main objectives, just say no.
If you’re struggling to find success try emulating one or more of these habits and see how they can work for you.